Private methods

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Oct 11 02:04:50 EDT 2012

alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10 Oct, 17:03, real-not-anti-spam-addr... at apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
> Procida) wrote:
>> It certainly makes it quick to build a class with the attributes I need,
>> but it does make tracing logic sometimes a pain in the neck.
>>
>> I don't know what the alternative is though.
>
> Components.
>
> The examples are in C++ and it's about game development, but I found
> this article to be very good at explaining the approach:
> http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com/component.html
>
> I've become a big fan of components & adaptation using zope.interface:
> http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopeGuideComponents

If multiple inheritance is deemed complex, adaptation is even more so:

  With multiple inheritance, you can quite easily see from the source
  code how things are put together.
  Adaptation follows the "inversion of control" principle. With this
  principle, how a function is implemented, is decided outside
  and can very easily be changed (e.g. through configuration).
  This gives great flexibility but also nightmares when things do
  not work as expected...