Generating C++ code

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Oct 10 10:16:35 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-10, Etienne Robillard <animelovin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:59:50 +0200 (CEST)
> Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, the C++ code will end up running on a MIPS on a SOC,
>> unfortunately, python is not an option here.  The xml to C++ makes a
>> lot of sense, because only a small part of the code is generated that
>> way (everything related to log & fatal events). Everything else is
>> written directly in C++.
>
> sorry but i don't get what you mean with a "MIPS on a SOC". Is not
> Python well supported on MIPS ?

SoC == System On a Chip.

It's a single-chip micro-controller embedded inside something that's
not a general purpose computer (e.g. it's in a router, or piece of
industrial equipment, or whatever). It may only have a couple MB of
memory, it might have only a minimal RTOS (non-Linux/Unix,
non-Windows), or it may actually have no OS at all.  It almost
certainly doesn't have a hard drive.

Many years ago, there was a "deeply embedded Python" project that was
attempting to get Python running on such platforms, but it's been
abandoned for ages.  IIRC, it was using Python 1.50 as a base version.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My vaseline is
                                  at               RUNNING...