Blue Screen Python

Philipp Hagemeister phihag at phihag.de
Tue Oct 9 06:32:06 EDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 09:37 AM, mikcec82 wrote:
> In my script I open and close an html (in a FOR cycle); could be this the problem?
Unless you're running your Python script as a kernel driver (and you
can't do that accidentally), there is no way that your user-space
program should cause a bluescreen. This is an error in Windows (or one
of the drivers), not in Python or your program.

What you can do is insert your Windows DVD, boot from it, and click Repair.

> Or is it possible that Python 2.7 is not compatible with Win7?
No, even if a user-space program could legitimately cause a bluescreen,
Python 2.7 still works fine one thousands of Win7 machines.

Cheers,

Philipp