I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool for my PhD.

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:50:37 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:

It is about 2:30 A.M. here, and I'm tossing out thoughts that could go deeper.

You're looking for:

The below is the base algorithm I see for every language:

There are problems, and ways to test in every language. Some have more
advanced tests based on their usage, and those who use them.

You have identified the errors needed to be checked for:
          -Problems in code/coding errors
          -Compiler bugs
          -Language bugs
          -Users mathematical model

1. You have test methods in lots of languages for these, and you need
to parse for the file extension, or something in the code that shows
it has switched to a new language. I'm assuming classes and functions
here

2. It seems like you should have a file/script in each language to
check for as much as you can.

3. You could call these scripts via a python command line app, and
have an app to display the output, and check for know error calls
returned from the command line output(stderr/stdin/,etc), or the
browsers output/error logs.

4. You could go to a lower level.

5. You're in python, so pick the best way to wrap and execute the
above based on file extensions, and parsing, then run your test on
portions of code if the have parameters or error values, or the code
as a whole, and deal with each of the problems stated above.

This is just to begin to understand your mentality of how you want to
implement in python.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto