I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool for my PhD.

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:55:54 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 9:15 am, Ramchandra Apte <maniandra... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 7 October 2012 00:13:58 UTC+5:30, Darryl Owens  wrote:
>> > I am currently starting my PhD in software quality assurance and have been doing a lot of reading round this subject. I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool i.e. a tool/methodology that can accept many languages for the following areas:
>>
>> > •        Problems in code/coding errors
>>
>> > •        Compiler bugs
>>
>> > •        Language bugs
>>
>> > •        Users mathematical model

The main tests for python is:

 http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html

For other languages, and even in python, you can roll your own.

I'd begin by algorithming each particular language's calls(based on
the statistical probabilities of languages that are utilized, and
designed in a hierarchical order of the utilization), language bugs,
and mathematical models needed performed, then perform the necessary
function calls/series of calls.

Pass data, and check the returns.

CMD errors in some cases, and checking for error logs from URL calls.

I'd suggest the bug repositories for the OS, browser, or app framework
the language is launched in(version/build #, etc), or some form of url
scraping the data from these in order to correct/check known problems.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto