How to create a login screen using core python language without using any framework

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:41:33 EDT 2012

On 12-10-05 06:11 AM, Joel Goldstick wrote:

> I totally agree about using a framework.  You say you want a 'simple'
> 3 page website.  Why do you think it is simple?  You say you don't
> have any skills at creating websites with python.  From your
> description, you will need to build a directory of entries, a form,
> and attach it to a database, so that means you also need to understand
> sql (or something!). You need to display individual records I imagine.
>   Do you need to edit them after they are created?  How are you going
> to manage the accounts?  Will you create them?  Will you let the
> visitor create an account?  Where will you store the account
> information?  Do different accounts have different permissions?

Not to mention security. Frameworks like Django provide protection
against things like:

* CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery)
* XSS ((X)Cross Site Scripting)
* SQL injection

As well as others. For a comprehensive list of protection that Django
offers, check out https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/security/.

--
Demian Brecht
@demianbrecht