Exponential arrival distribution in Python

Albert Chun-Chieh Huang alberthuang314 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 18:29:16 EST 2012

Hi, Ricky,

Traffic simulation sounds like a good topic to use SimPy, which is a
discrete-event simulation library in Python,
c.f. http://simpy.sourceforge.net

Professor Norm Matloff wrote a very good tutorial on SimPy, and you can
download it here: http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/simcourse.html
Also, I've presented this SimPy package before, my slides might be
helpful,
http://alberthuang314.blogspot.tw/2012/01/simpy-slides-in-our-company-and-pyhug_26.html

In short, SimPy is a process-oriented discrete-event simulation package,
which will be easier to maintain than event-oriented discrete-event
simulation. It also contains some tools to help us to visualize
simulation data. It takes some time to study it, but if you would like to do
some simulation projects, it will definitely be a good investment! Have
fun with simulation!

with Regards,

Albert Huang