How to create an executable from python script in windows

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Wed Nov 28 05:05:40 EST 2012

Am 28.11.2012 07:43, schrieb Prakash:
> copying C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\py2exe\run_w.exe
              ^^^^^^^^

Python 2.4 was released 8 years ago and shouldn't be used for new
development or learning any longer. The first step I would take is to
upgrade to 2.7, which is the last in the 2.x series.

Further, I would at least consider upgrading to Python 3.x, although
this might require some tweaking of your sourcecode first. Keep in mind
that 2.x is a dead end though!

> The following modules appear to be missing
> ['win32com.shell']

If the warning persists with 2.7 and you are actually getting errors at
runtime, throw the whole message at e.g. google.com and click a few
links. Hint: This is a known problem, you are not the first one!

Good luck!

Uli