Compare list entry from csv files

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Mon Nov 26 22:23:50 EST 2012

On 11/26/2012 05:27 PM, Anatoli Hristov wrote:
> I understand, but in my case I have for sure the field "Name" in the
> second file that contains at least the first or the last name on it...
> So probably it should be possible:)
> The Name "Billgatesmicrosoft" contains the word "Gates" so logically I
> might find a solution for it.

(Please don't top-post.  Or if you must, then delete everything after
your post, as I'm doing here.  Otherwise you end up with insanities like
new stuff, quote-4, quote-1, quote-3, quote-2.  In this case, long
tradition on this forum and many like it work well, even if Microsoft
mail programs and some others decide to put the cursor at the wrong end
of the existing text.  In most programs, it's configurable.)

If you can come up with an algorithm for comparing first+last in one
file to name in the other, then the problem can be solved.  But you
can't do it by hand-waving, you have to actually figure out a mechanism.
 Then we can help you code such a thing.  And I can just about guarantee
that if these fields are created independently by human beings, that
there will be exceptions that have to fixed by human beings.

--

DaveA