10 sec poll - please reply!

Michael Herrmann michael.herrmann at getautoma.com
Thu Nov 22 16:45:34 EST 2012

Hi,

thanks for your prompt reply; I agree that there is also this ambiguity. This would go away if we were to use `type` but as I said we don't dare to do that. That's the problem with short names - they're always ambiguous at least to some extent.

The only alleviation I can offer for the valid concern you are raising is that the user will notice upon the very first use that Enter is not pressed after the text has been typed in, and then (if necessary) add a `press(ENTER)` afterwards.

It's a pity that `type` is taken... It's very tempting to just use it. But then again you might have people trying to `type(ALT + TAB)`, which in our current proposal can only be input using `press`...

What do the others think about this?

Cheers