Index Error

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Wed Nov 21 08:26:10 EST 2012

On 11/21/2012 05:11 AM, inshu chauhan wrote:

>> I must confess I have no idea what data represents.  When you're doing
>> rings, you use deltas on the cx and cy values.  But when you're
>> computing radius, you use the 3d coordinates returned by  data[cx, cy].
>>  So is data some kind of transformation, like a projection from a 3d
>> object into a plane ?
>>

> If I say data is a yml image file.. does it makes sense ? Nyways I am
> treating it as matrix with values.
> Yes you can say that it is a projection of 3D objects onto a 2D plane..
> which I am finding hard to work with !!!!!

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/yml
   indicates that .yml files are human readable files, but doesn't
specify much else.

from other references, I gather it's used for javascript and for
database.  So far, I've only found one reference to image,
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10017298/read-yml-files-in-matlab

but that doesn't really give me any intuitive meaning for the data.  So
i cannot guess what the meaning of circle radius is.

At 8:43 yesterday, you had the following output and trace:

"""
data loaded
[(296, 403), (298, 403), (298, 405), (296, 405), (297, 403), (298, 404),
(297, 405), (296, 404)] ... I am printing Indices to know what index it
dies out..

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Z:/modules/Classify.py", line 73, in <module>
    ComputeClasses(data)
  File "Z:/modules/Classify.py", line 49, in ComputeClasses
    point = data[idx[0], idx[1]]
error: index is out of range
"""

If you meant to just show us the last new_indices list printed out, then
presumably somewhere in that list is the one that fails.

Could it be that the internally linked jpeg file has the size 300 x
3000, and that the yml data only goes to 300 x 400 ?

--

DaveA