Suitable software stacks for simple python web service

Kev Dwyer kevin.p.dwyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:32:25 EST 2012

Hello List,

I have to build a simple web service which will:

 - receive queries from our other servers
 - forward the requests to a third party SOAP service
 - process the response from the third party
 - send the result back to the original requester

>From the point of view of the requester, this will happen within the scope
of a single request.

The data exchanged with the original requester will likely be encoded as
JSON; the SOAP service will be handled by SUDS.

The load is likely to be quite light, say a few requests per hour, though
this may increase in the future.

Given these requirements, what do you think might be a suitable software
stack, i.e. webserver and web framework (if a web framework is even
necessary)?

Candidates should be compatible with Python2.7, though I'd be happy to
consider Python 3 if anyone knows of a Python3 SOAP library that has good
WSDL support.

Cheers,

Kev