Yet another Python textbook

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:25:48 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 20/11/2012 21:00, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>

>> To the OP: jmf has an unnatural hatred of Python 3.3 and PEP 393
>> strings. Take no notice; the rest of the world sees this as a huge
>> advantage. Python is now in a VERY small group of languages (I'm aware
>> of just one other) that have absolutely proper Unicode handling *and*
>> efficient string handling.
>>
>> ChrisA
>>

> Rather more polite than the response I've had sitting in my drafts folder
> for several hours.  I'm so pleased I didn't send it, I can now happily
> delete it and move on :)

Polite is good :)

Incidentally, if anyone else knows of a language that fits the
description above, I'd be most curious. Maybe we're going to see a
revolution in language design - with everyone adopting this sort of
string handling - or in language usage - with everyone adopting Python
or Pike. Hmm. We're having major security issues with Joomla, I wonder
how hard it'd be to convince our webmaster to switch to a Python-based
web framework...

Dreaming-ly yours,

ChrisA