Path Browser seems to be broken

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:21:06 EST 2012

On 11/20/2012 1:23 PM, Peter Otten wrote:
> Daniel Klein wrote:
>
>> If you try to expand any of the paths in the Path Browser (by clicking the
>> + sign) then it not only closes the Path Browser but it also closes all
>> other windows that were opened in IDLE, including the IDLE interpreter
>> itself.
>>
>> A Google search doesn't look like this been reported. If this is truly a
>> bug
>
> It is.
>
>> then can you point me in the right direction for issuing a bug report?
>
> <http://bugs.python.org> is the place to go...
>

>> I'm running...
>>
>> Python 3.3.0 (v3.3.0:bd8afb90ebf2, Sep 29 2012, 10:57:17) [MSC v.1600 64
>> bit (AMD64)] on win32
>

> but this bug has already been reported:
>
> <http://bugs.python.org/issue16226>

I would not expect Google to index the dynamic tracker form pages,
certainly not all of them, as it would have to know which issue numbers
are currently valid in the template 'http:/bugs/python.org/isue#', where
# is up to 7 digits.

The tracker has a search function. I found this issue by searching the
tracker for 'all text: path browser', 'components: IDLE', and 'status:
don't care' and then looking at the 8 responses.

Path browser works in 2.7 and 3.2. It was broken in 3.3.0 and has been
fixed for 3.3.1 and 3.4.0. The issue status is 'closed', so one must
change the search status field from the default of 'open' to find it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy