Problems on these two questions

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:32:37 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:52:35 -0800 (PST), su29090 <129km09 at gmail.com>
>

>> I all of the other problems but I have issues with these:
>>
>> 1.Given a positive integer  n , assign True to  is_prime if  n has no factors other than  1 and itself. (Remember,  m is a factor of  n if  m divides  n evenly.)
>>
>         Google: Sieve of Eratosthenes (might be mis-spelled)

No, the Sieve is nifty, but it's meant for generating sequences of
primes, not for testing individual primality.  It's also more complex
than is necessary.  A better starting place for a programming novice
is with trial division, which is a somewhat simpler algorithm and all
that is needed here.