Python Interview Questions

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Nov 19 09:59:19 EST 2012

OK, I've just read back over the whole thread.  I'm really struggling to
understand what point you're trying to make.  I started out by saying:

> Use a list when you need an ordered collection which is mutable (i.e.
> can be altered after being created).  Use a tuple when you need an
> immutable list (such as for a dictionary key).

To which you obviously objected.  So now you write:

> I think a tuple is an immutable sequence of items, and a list is a
> mutable sequence of items.

So how is that different from what I said?  Is this whole argument
boiling down to your use of "immutable sequence" vs. my use of
"immutable list"?