error importing smtplib

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:37:32 EST 2012

I can do this in stand alone programs because my code does the import and
calls the login function so I can control the order of things.
Unfortunately stand alone programs are not the only ways in which I am
using these Python bindings.

You can customize and extend this 3rd party application at various
extension points all of which are invoked after login.
We have a lot of extensions written in Python.

I guess I will have to back to the BAR vendor and ask if it is okay to
remove their old .so file.
Perhaps their code will just work with the newer 0.9.8e or perhaps they'll
have to relink or recompile.