Getting a seeded value from a list

Graham Fielding frednotbob at hotmail.ca
Sun Nov 18 22:00:57 EST 2012

Hello!  Clueless noob again! :) This time around, I'm trying to figure out the random.seed() function -- specifically, I'd like to retrieve the seeded values from a list (which I've called levelSeed), and use them in a random-dungeon generator.  The numbers are generating and storing properly, but I can't find any examples online that aren't specific to a particular purpose (such as mathematics, arrays, and the like). Would I use 'getstate' when the dungeon is generated, or is there another method that would be better suited to the task?