error importing smtplib

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:01:23 EST 2012

Sorry, only saw your first response, didn't see the others.

I compiled Python 2.7.2 myself with --enable-shared
To create standalone applications that interact with this 3rd party program
your main C file instead of having a "main" function has a FOO_user_main
function.
When you link your program you link against a provided foo_main.o file.

My python executable (called FOO_user_main) was created from python.c but
with main replaced with FOO_user_main.... no other differences.

I have been using this type of installation for a couple of years and
everything works fine.

I only get these errors/warnings on one environment out of 10 or so
development and qa machines.

Any help trying to figure out what is different before and after the login
would be appreciated.
Is there some place in /proc I could look to see what happened?

Thanks,
~Eric