stackoverflow quote on Python

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 13 08:13:10 EST 2012

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 03:08:54 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/python
>
> "Python has two major versions (2 and 3) in use which have significant
> differences."
>
> I believe that this is incorrect.  The warts have been removed, but
> significant differences, not in my book.  If there is agreement about
> there not being significant differences, should stackoverflow be asked
> to change their wording?
I think you are confusing significant with fundamental

they are significant differences because failing to take them into
account may cause incorrect operation.
they are not fundamental differences because someone familiar with on
version should have minimal difficulty in understanding the other.

--
Lee's Law:
	Mother said there would be days like this,