Simple Question regarding running .py program

Caroline Hou joyhou2010 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:02:23 EST 2012

Hi all!

I just started learning Python by myself and I have an extremely simple question now!
I am in my Python interpreter now and I want to open/edit a program called nobel.py. But when I typed >>> python nobel.py, it gave me a "SyntaxError:invalid syntax”( I've changed to the correct directory)what should I do?
I also want to run the program, but as I double-clicked the program, a command window pops up and closes immediately. How can I see the result of the program run?
Could anyone help me please? I am pretty confused here...Thank you!