Method default argument whose type is the class not yet defined

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Nov 11 20:34:08 EST 2012

In article <mailman.3571.1352683098.27098.python-list at python.org>,
 Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> But then I'm assuming you meant that 245 degrees was a bearing
> relative to North. Was it supposed to be relative to my current angle?
> Truthfully I wouldn't know what to do without asking the captain a
> couple more questions.

Granted, this requires some domain-specific knowledge, but an order to
"steer 245 degrees" means relative to north (and, technically, it's a
heading, not a bearing, but that's another discussion).

If the captain wanted you to change you heading relative to your current
heading, he would say something like, "turn left 10 degrees" (that may
not be strictly the correct wording).