A gnarly little python loop

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Nov 10 17:58:14 EST 2012

I'm trying to pull down tweets with one of the many twitter APIs.  The
particular one I'm using (python-twitter), has a call:

data = api.GetSearch(term="foo", page=page)

The way it works, you start with page=1.  It returns a list of tweets.
If the list is empty, there are no more tweets.  If the list is not
empty, you can try to get more tweets by asking for page=2, page=3, etc.
I've got:

    page = 1
    while 1:
        r = api.GetSearch(term="foo", page=page)
        if not r:
            break
        for tweet in r:
            process(tweet)
        page += 1

It works, but it seems excessively fidgety.  Is there some cleaner way
to refactor this?