Right solution to unicode error?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 22:30:46 EST 2012

On 2012.11.08 08:06, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
> It would be a lot better though if it just worked straight away
> without me needing to set the code page (like the terminal in every
> other OS I use).
The crude equivalent of .bashrc/.zshrc/whatever shell startup script for
cmd is setting a string value (REG_SZ) in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor named autorun and setting that
with whatever command(s) you want to run whenever the shell starts. Mine
has a value of '@chcp 65001>nul'. I actually run zsh when practical
(gotta love Cygwin) and I have an equivalent command in my .zshrc.
Getting unicode to work in a Windows is a hassle, but it /can/ work.
CPython does have a bug that makes it annoying at times, though -
http://bugs.python.org/issue1602
--
CPython 3.3.0 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17835