Executing .exe on a remote Windows machine

Kevin Holleran kdawg44 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:25:47 EST 2012

Good morning,

I wrote a python script to connect out to a bunch of my remote machines
that are running some software.  It modifies a bunch of the config files
for me.  After making the changes, I need to restart the software.  The way
to do this is to call an .exe passing in a argument 'restart'  Simply
restarting services is NOT acceptable & rebooting the machine isn't either.

I was trying to find a way to simply call the .exe on the remote machine
with subprocess but how can I get it to execute on the remote machine?
 These machines do not have SSH.

Is there a way to do this or am I stuck coordinating a time when the
machines can be rebooted? (because this would be faster than asking anyone
on site to execute the command....)

Thanks for your help.

Kevin