multiprocessing help

Stephen Bunn scbunn at sbunn.org
Tue Nov 6 19:52:35 EST 2012

I'm looking for some help with multiprocessing.  Essentially what I'm
trying to do is the following:

  1. create a main process that gets daemonized
  2. spawn two subprocess that live for the life of the daemon
  3. each subprocess creates children that do heavy work and exit when
the work is done

I am not having issues with creating the processes but I can't get
them to die.  Sometimes it works and they all die and sometimes they
don't.  Obviously I do not understand the multiprocessing
documentation so I'm hoping that somebody can point out what I'm doing
wrong.

I also understand that my code might be strict adherence to PEP8 and
there might be a number of flaws with the code; all of which would be
helpful to know, but I'm particularly looking for help with getting
what I'm trying to do to work.

I'm starting to lose my mind.. I just want to say all processes that
spawned from here $@%@$% DIE.

Thanks in advance for anybody that has some spare time to point me in
the right direction. I am grateful.  Thanks.

Very Respectfully,
Stephen Bunn
scbunn at sbunn.org