Proper place for everything

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 14:43:31 EST 2012

On 11/02/2012 04:12 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:51:29 -0700, Jason Benjamin wrote:
>
>> On another note, it appears that Google (the only archive I can find for
>> this group) only has a little under 400 messages archived for this
>> group,
>
> Google Groups is poison. If you post with it, you will be ignored by a
> large percentage of the regulars here.
>[...]
> Bad options are:
>
> - Absolutely anything to do with Google Groups. It's a crap user-
>   interface, posts don't follow established standards for email and news,
>   and Google requires you to sign in just to read the archives, which in
>   my opinion is morally indefensible.

Jason,

You should also be aware that there are a number of
people here such as myself that use Google Groups for
various reasons and there is concurrently some discussion
of this in other threads including the correction of
just plain erroneous info about GG that has been
propagated here.

AFAIK, there is no real definition of "regular" nor
any count of how many of them (whoever "them" is) that
ignore GG.  Pretty obviously "crap user interface" is
in the eye of the beholder and the login requirement
is a personal issue.