Coordination between developers in the Python project

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Nov 5 14:09:08 EST 2012

On 11/1/2012 4:49 PM, Tengy Td wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am a French student and I am currently realizing my final thesis in
> the field of Free/libre open source software.

If you really are what you claim, you should give more details to make
that plausible: university, college/dept, course of study, and post from
a university account, not an address at one of the current favorite
sites for con artists.

> It would be a great help for me if you could answer a short online
> survey (it should take approximately 5 minutes).

If you want the survey emailed to you, you should include it. If it is
hosted on a legitimate survey site, you should give a direct link.

> The link to the survey is:http://bit.ly/SzVrJe

Careful people do not open anonymous links from stangers. That file
could literally be anything, including a malware injection page.

> I would like to remind you that the participation is absolutely
> anonymous and voluntary, and you can quit it at any time. Your answers
> will be strictly confidential and will be used only for research purpose
> (no commercial use of any information you provided).

Even if you mean that for yourself, you cannot guarantee any of that.
For all you know, bit.ly records the ip address of each click.

--
Terry Jan Reedy