Missing modules compiling python3.3

Giacomo Alzetta giacomo.alzetta at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 09:42:38 EST 2012

I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.

In particular when doing make test I get:

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
_bz2               _curses            _curses_panel
_dbm               _gdbm              _lzma
_sqlite3           _tkinter           readline
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

And also the "test_urlwithfrag" test fails, but when trying to do(as suggested in the README) "./python -m test -v test_urlwithfrag" I get an error[ImportError: No module named 'test.test_urlwithfrag'
]  and when doing "./python -m test -v test_urllib2net" it skips the test saying it's normal on linux(then why make test runs it and it fails???)

What am I missing? Should I install those modules manually? Is this expected?