Obnoxious postings from Google Groups

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 12:05:42 EDT 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:
> For the DOS world, real programmers have written a "complete"  *.com
> program using only echo.

Only as an exercise. It was satisfying to prove to myself that I could
do it, but pretty useless. Normally I used DEBUG.EXE to build my code
- it has a mini-assembler in it. Incidentally, I used debug as a full
assembler, with a bit of a REXX harness around it - used that to write
OS/2 code in pure assembly, without the bother of, yaknow, getting an
actual assembler. Suddenly things got WAY easier once I got hold of
nasm...

ChrisA