Organisation of python classes and their methods

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 13:02:05 EDT 2012

On 02/11/2012 14:49, Martin Hewitson wrote:

[Top posting fixed]

>> BTW: If you told us which language(s) you have a background in, it could be easier to help you with identifying the idioms in that language that turn into misconceptions when applied to Python.
>

>> Greetings!
>>
>> Uli
>>
>> [1] Actually, modules themselves provide the kind of separation that I think you are after. Don't always think "class" if it comes to encapsulation and modularization!
>> --
>
> I'm considering porting some MATLAB code to python to move away from commercial software. Python seemed like the right choice simply because of the wonderful numpy, scipy and matplotlib.
>
> So my project will build on these packages to provide some additional state and functionality.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin

Just in case you're not aware there are separate mailing lists for numpy
and matplotlib, presumably scipy as well, should you have specific
questions.  Further matplotlib is now at version 1.2rc3 with Python 3
support, yippee.  Combine that with the recently released Python 3.3 and
it should make one hell of a tool kit :)

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.