Proper place for everything

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Nov 2 10:29:49 EDT 2012

On 02/11/2012 13:49, Jason Benjamin wrote:
> Yeah, alright.  I've just found that if you mention anything about a
> library that has well established competitors, the post will tend to get
> ignored here.

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. (Perhaps you can link to
an existing post or discussion).

Without hearing a tone of voice, I'm not sure whether with "... will
tend to get ignored here" you're suggesting a conspiracy of silence or
merely a general lack of interest.

The people who read and post here are the people who read and post here.
And they comment according to whatever interests them or whatever
opinions they hold. That people choose to respond to a post about
Library A and not to one about Library B should not be construed as
representing any kind of behind-the-scenes action encouraging or
suppressing interest. It simply means that the people who felt like it
commented on Library A and not on Library B.

Or have I misunderstood the tenor of your comment?

TJG