How to remotely Automate GUI using pywinauto

Shambhu Rajak shambhu.rajak at calsoftinc.com
Thu Nov 1 10:50:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

Here I have a situation:

I am trying to automate a GUI application and get some data from it.

I tried using 'pywinauto' to launch the application and select the data and
save it in -say notepad and later read it. This works fine when the script
is locally run on the windows machine.

My scenario is to do it remotely.

What I have done is, keep the script in a location on windows machine and
execute from a linux machine over SSH. The scripts gets

Initiated   but raises exception as below:

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pywinauto\application.py", line 229, in
__getattr__

    ctrls = _resolve_control(self.criteria)

  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pywinauto\application.py", line 788,
in _resolve_control

    raise e.original_exception

Can anyone please tell me how to remotely Automate Windwos GUI using
pywinauto , or there another better method.

Thanks,

Shambhu