datetime issue

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Nov 1 08:09:42 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-31, rurpy at yahoo.com <rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/2012 09:11 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:> On 2012-09-16, ???????? ?????? <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Iam positng via google groups using chrome, thats all i know.
>>
>> Learn something else.  Google Groups is seriously and permanently
>> broken, and all posts from Google Groups are filtered out and ignored
>> by many people (including myself -- I only saw this because somebody
>> else replied to it).
>
> Feel free to filter whatever you want but be aware than in
> doing so you risk missing information that could help you
> avoid disseminating erroneous info.  Of course, carrying out
> some kind of private war against Google Groups may be more
> important to you than that...

Based on past experience, the chances of useful information being
posted via Google Groups is very small.  The benefit of avoiding all
the spam and garbage the comes from that source is more than worth the
small risk of missing something worthwhile.

Note that I'm _not_ talking about people posting to the mailing list
using Gmail -- only people posting via the Google Groups web UI.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Four thousand
                                  at               different MAGNATES, MOGULS