reading txt file

Ahmed, Shakir shahmed at sfwmd.gov
Thu May 31 11:02:16 EDT 2012

HI:
I am trying to read a txt file and dump the columns in an access database table. But getting problem:

>>> Unhandled exception while debugging...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\WindDuration\Reading_test.py", line 14, in <module>
    my_length_1 = nmAddrList[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

Getting error when it is reading to second line.

The txt file is attached here and I need only 2,8,11,14,15 columns to dump in the table.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
sa

We value your opinion. Please take a few minutes to share your comments on the service you received from the District by clicking on this link<http://my.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/pg_grp_surveysystem/survey%20ext?pid=1653>.