Object cleanup

psaffrey at googlemail.com psaffrey at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 06:57:46 EDT 2012

Thanks for all the responses.

It looks like none of the BeautifulSoup objects have __del__ methods, so I don't think that can be the problem.

To answer your other question, guppy was the best match I came up with when looking for a memory profile for Python (or more specifically "Heapy"):

http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/#Heapy

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:51:52 AM UTC+1, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> The destructor doesn't get called into the last reference is gone.

That makes sense, so now I need to track down why there are references to the object when I don't think there should be. Are there any systematic methods for doing this?

Peter