python3 raw strings and \u escapes

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 03:25:28 EDT 2012

On 5/30/2012 1:52 AM, rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
> Was there a reason for dropping the lexical processing of
> \u escapes in strings in python3 (other than to add another
> annoyance in a long list of python3 annoyances?)
To me, this would be a Python 2 annoyance since I would expect r'\u3000'
to be literally the six characters '\u3000' since the entire point of
raw strings is to treat everything literally. Why should anything at all
be processed when constructing a raw string?

--
CPython 3.3.0a3 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17790