Install lxml package on Windows 7

David Fanning news at idlcoyote.com
Tue May 29 16:41:53 EDT 2012

Folks,

I need some help. I need the lxml package to run a particular
Python program.

   http://lxml.de/

I downloaded the appropriate binary egg package for lxml, and
I found easy_install.exe in my Python 2.7 distribution. I ran
that.

Then, at the command prompt I typed this:

   easy_install --allow-hosts=lxml.de,*.python.org lxml==2.3.4

The usual installation pop-ups appear. "Do I want to allow
such and so to install, etc.". Yes, yes. Finally, I get
a message, "Installation may not have been done correctly."
I have several choices, including "Install with recommended
parameters", which I choose. The installation proceeds without
any other indication of failure.

I presume I have the package installed now. So, I enter
Python and type this:

   >>>import lxml

I get an error. No module with that name found, etc.

Sure enough, I look in C:\Python27\site_packages and there
is no lxml-2.3.4 folder.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

David