python for android anyone?

Temia Eszteri lamialily at cleverpun.com
Mon May 28 14:18:55 EDT 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012 08:56:51 -0700 (PDT), rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ive been wanting to try the sl4a for a new android phone Ive got hold
>of as spelt out at
>http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10940
>
>Has anyone any experience/dos/donts for this?
>
>I am writing this while the update of the android sdk is happening and
>its taking forever.
>So just wondering if its worth the effort.
>
>Any specific tips will of course be welcome but also the general idea
>-- is android really python friendly (yet)?
>
>Thanks

I myself use it, though primarily for testing out concepts or blocks
of code I think up on the road (or a quick and dirty profile if I
think of two ways to do something and want to decide which is the
best).

I can't comment on its usefulness for app development, but looking
over the article, it looks like for any such development you'd still
be better off grabbing the Android SDK.

~Temia
--
When on earth, do as the earthlings do.