usenet reading

Temia Eszteri lamialily at cleverpun.com
Sat May 26 01:52:54 EDT 2012

[Default] On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:30:24 -0600, Jason Earl
<jearl at notengoamigos.org> wrote:

>On Fri, May 25 2012, Jon Clements wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Normally use Google Groups but it's becoming absolutely frustrating -
>> not only has the interface changed to be frankly impractical, the
>> posts are somewhat random of what appears, is posted and
>> whatnot. (Ironically posted from GG)
>>
>> Is there a server out there where I can get my news groups? I use to
>> be with an ISP that hosted usenet servers, but alas, it's no longer
>> around...
>>
>> Only really interested in Python groups and C++.
>>
>> Any advice appreciated,
>>
>> Jon.
>
>I have had good success with news.eternal-september.org .
>
>http://www.eternal-september.org/
>
>Jason

I could definitely make use of this. Even though I use Agent, I've
mostly just been using the mailing list in lieu of having an actual
newsgroup subscription. Now I can turn that habit around!

Not the OP, but you have my appreciation regardless!

~Temia
--
When on earth, do as the earthlings do.