Email Id Verification

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Fri May 25 12:25:24 EDT 2012

On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:36:18 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
[snip]
> . . .  Nothing will make your users swear at
> you as certainly as when you refuse to accept the e-mail address at
> which the reeive e-mail all day every day.

Amusingly, every time I log into Discovercard's web site, I
get a red-letter warning that my registered email address is
invalid.  Inquiring, I was told that the presence of the
substring "spam" anywhere in the address (including
"@spamcop.net") makes the address invalid in Discovercard's
opinion.