installing 2 and 3 alongside on MS Windows

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Fri May 25 04:24:06 EDT 2012

Hi!

I'm using Python 2.7 for mostly unit testing here. I'm using
Boost.Python to wrap C++ code into a module, in another place I'm also
embedding Python as interpreter into a test framework. This is the stuff
that must work, it's important for production use. I'm running MS
Windows XP here and developing C++ with VS2005/VC8.

What I'm considering is installing Python 3 alongside, in order to
prepare the code for this newer version. What I'd like to know first is
whether there are any problems I'm likely to encounter and possible
workarounds.

Thank you!

Uli

PS: Dear lazyweb, is there any way to teach VC8 some syntax highlighting
for Python?