Scoping Issues

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Thu May 24 23:36:21 EDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 10:27 PM, Andrew Berg wrote:
> On 5/24/2012 8:59 PM, Dave Angel wrote:
>> so I fixed that, and got
>>      inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
>>
>> because you mistakenly used tabs for indentation.
> Not to start another tabs-vs.-spaces discussion, but tabs are perfectly
> legal indentation in Python. That exception is raised when the
> interpreter can't determine how much a line is indented because tabs and
> spaces are both used.

I configure my editor(s) to always use spaces for indentation.  So a
file that currently uses tabs is unusable to me.  You of course are
right that tabs are syntactically correct, but until I find another
editor that makes tabs visible (like the one I used 20 years ago)
they're unacceptable to me.

--

DaveA