Email Id Verification

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu May 24 19:00:55 EDT 2012

On 25May2012 01:20, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
| <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
| >        And maybe follow-up with a review of this monster:
| > http://www.ex-parrot.com/pdw/Mail-RFC822-Address.html
|
| That is.... awesome. Epic. Eyeball-bleeding.

+1 !!

I hope someone's validated that regexp before using it to validate email
addresses:-) I'm amazed. (And amazed that the sheer code smell doesn't
drive the author away from suggesting it.)

The mere presence of nesting comments in RFC2822 addresses prevents
using a single regexp to parse them.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

"It's state-of-the-art" "But it doesn't work!" "That is the state-of-the-art".