GUI toolkits and dynamic table browser widget

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Thu May 17 20:52:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

There has been some discussion on this list regarding GUI toolkits and
it reinvigorated my search for one to meet my needs.

I would like to create windows with grids (AKA rows and column of a
table like excel). Do any of the GUI interfaces have these types of
widgets? i have looked but can't find any and I have not stumbled on
program that presents data in this way so I can see how they do it.

Specifically I would like to run a SQL command and have the returned
list passed to a widget with little or no manipulation and that widget
present the data, allow the user to scroll through that data and
preferably allow edits to occur. These edits could then be passed back
via a string to the program for inclusion in a sql-update command.

Any ideas?

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator / Website Administrator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides