Are there any instrumentation widgets for wxpython or tkinter?

Mark R Rivet markrrivet at aol.com
Wed May 16 23:49:57 EDT 2012

On Sat, 12 May 2012 12:40:28 -0700 (PDT), Sverre
<sverreodegard at gmail.com> wrote:

>I searched for widgets used for PLC automation or lab instrumentation
>like gauges, led's etc. in the net, but didn't found anything because
>of those massive link spam sites. In the case there isn't any
>solution, with which toolkit would it be easiest to build gauges?

I just skimmed through the book "Python and Tkinter" by John E.
Grayson. This book goes through everything I think you will need for
instrumentation type widgets. It even shows how to create your own new
widgets. A lot of information in this book. Its dated, but there isn't
any other book available. But try some of the code, see how it works.
I know I'm going to.