Carbon Event Manager (Carbon.CarbonEvt module) - working?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue May 15 19:06:46 EDT 2012

In article
<CAJ6cK1bSVgiMSRQNdWxCeV_TtwA8Zjs6WpMdoNeHMbe5ZvgKSQ at mail.gmail.com>,
 Arnaud Delobelle <arnodel at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what I have with system python 2.6:
>
> $ cat ~/bin/python_32
> #! /bin/bash
> export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=yes
> /usr/bin/python "$@"
>
> I use it for wxpython, which only seems to work in 32 bit mode.  I
> can't remember where I found it.  Maybe I read the man page?

Yes, that is one of the two documented ways in the Apple man page to
force 32-bit mode; the other way is to set a plist using the "defaults"
command.  Keep in mind that these are Apple modifications to Python so
they won't work with other OS X Python distributions like those from
python.org.  The "arch" command should work with all of them, as long as
you use "python2.7";  it won't work with the Apple wrapper program
/usr/bin/python.  And I believe the Apple modifications only work when
you use /usr/bin/python.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org