Need to get Tags and Values from Dom

TommyVee xxxxxxxx at xxxxxx.xxx
Sun May 13 20:50:23 EDT 2012

I have a very simple XML document that I need to "walk", and I'm using
xml.dom.minidom.  No attributes, just lots of nested tags and associated
values.  All I'm looking to do is iterate through each of the highest
sibling nodes, check what the tag is, and process its value accordingly.  If
a node has children, same thing - iterate through the nodes, check the tags
and process the values accordingly.  I see where each node object has a
"childNodes" attribute, so I can drill down the tree.  But what are the node
attributes which indicate Tag and Value?  I thought it would have been
nodeName and nodeValue, but that doesn't seem to be.  Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, TommyVee