Good data structure for finding date intervals including a given date

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:30:34 EDT 2012

On 13 May 2012 13:29, Alec Taylor <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an ordered dict type since Python 3.1[1] and Python 2.7.3[2].

I don't think that'll help the OP.  Python's OrderedDict keeps track
of the order in which the keys were inserted into the dictionary (a
bit like a list), it doesn't keep the keys sorted.

> If you are looking for the best possible self-sorting structure for
> searching, then perhaps you are looking for what's outlined in the
> 2002 article by Han & Thorup: Integer Sorting in O(n sqrt(log log n))
> Expected Time and Linear Space[3].

I can't access it but it seems to me it's not about self sorted data
structures, which is what the OP is looking for.

--
Arnaud