Re-raised exceptions in 2.7.3 -- stack trace missing

Oliver Beattie oliver at obeattie.com
Wed May 9 13:11:34 EDT 2012

Hi there

I'm tying to investigate a bit of a weird problem here. Basically, I've just upgraded Python (from 2.7.2 -> 2.7.3) by way of an OS upgrade (Ubuntu), and now all the tracebacks I'm getting sent from my web app are looking like this:

http://dpaste.org/EgKJp/

As you can see, Django is correctly re-raising the exception, but the original stack trace is not there by way of sys.exc_info(). I've dug into the code a little and it seems fairly simple, exc_info is passed through logging.error from sys.exc_info() so I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Bit perplexing, any idea what could cause this?

—Oliver